View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
onlyambs
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry

My previous yorkie Prancer passed away from cancer. It was the worst thing in the world to have to go through. He kept vomitting up a clear mucus just about everyday and then following that he would have diarrhea. We took him to the vet and at first they thought it was pancreatitis but after doing some tests they discovered a thick linining around his organs and thought it could be cancer but werent sure. After hearing this we were beside are selfs and just wanted to take him home. He was so weak when we went to pick him up and you could feel his bones which was very upsetting for us. At first he was so happy to see us and he still had an IV in him from the vets b/c he wasnt eating but once that wore off he was not eating or drinking anything and just layed there. SO we were basically up against a brick wall, ethier put him down now, or do a biopsy to see if it is cancer and if it is put him down right there because letting him starve him self to death was not an option for us. So we decided to have the biopsy done and just to make sure it was cancer and that we did everything we could to save him. So the first thing they did was a chest x-ray and there was nothing in his lungs so that was a good sign. So we gave kisses and said are goodbyes still hoping in my mind that this wouldnt be the last time I saw him. SO we waited for the call and they said it was cancer and had spread to just about all of his organs and since he was already under anethisa we just decided to put him down right then and we had him cremated. I still miss him terribly and cannot believe cancer took him, I always thought I would of just found him gone in his sleep. But I know he is lookin down on my from rainbow bridge and I will see him again. Heres one of the last pictures we took of him, the night before he passed. I love you Prancer!

I would def. have your friend get her dog checked out for possible cancer and if it is hopefully it can be caught early enough to save them. I wish her the best of luck with everything.
onlyambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!