View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
Those are really typical terrier behaviors. They have no boundry's and is why you need to teach them right from wrong. Be persistant and consistant, because it takes awhile to sink in especially when they are so full of energy and forget things in just a few short seconds after being told. The puppy stage can be a lot of work, but when properly trained, they are a jewel. I would have had the puppy in an expen, attached to the front of a wire crate, leaving the door open at all times, and not running in the house. Take it out every hour for lots of running, playing and to potty. The expen is to keep the puppy safe while in training.
I only have experience with one yorkie , and she is just over one yrs old .She is a pistol though. I would use a expen for the new baby as suggested in the above post. Your older Yorkie just does not know what to do with the new arrival who has taken over your home, and all of the toys!
Give it time and for them to have space . They need to feel comfortable with each other and one should not be allowed to have "it all" Congradulations to you on your new little puppy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!