Thread: Shopping List
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #9
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sounds like a good list but be sure to add NutriCal. I think different brands have different names but you need it or Karo syrup on hand. When our puppy came home, she didn't eat well for a couple of days due to the transition.

Get some kind of doggy bed or sherpa pad for the floor of her kennel, too. Mine has little beds several places and although she sometimes chooses her kennel/crate, she also loves to hap in her little beds.

Mine also loves the mini-carrots. I have a health nut, I think. Anyway, I think the coolness helps her gums and she loves the carrots. I got her to eat those before she'd even eat kibble! Plus, I think she knows alot of words but I KNOW she knows the word carrot.

I'd get some chicken and brown rice to have on hand, too, in case you have to tempt her to eat for a little while after you get her home. I found those 2 things vital for the first couple of days. Also, since you'll be making a trip to the grocery store, get some plain (unspiced), canned pumpkin to have on hand in case she needs it. I stirred some up in her chicken and rice both when her stomach was upset and when I'd overdone the feeding of cheese. It works like most fiber does for either kind of stomach upset.

You might want to get a collar (I got a cat's breakaway) with a bell on it it...at least for first so you can hear where she is. This was important for us since we were not used to having to watch where we stepped.

You seem to have a great list of items. I bought so many things we did not need/use while I waited the months before we got Taffy. I think you've got a good grasp of what you need. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your tales!
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!