Thread: Shopping List
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollee View Post
So before I bring home my puppy I need to go to Petsmart (even tho I wont get her for 4 more weeks, but I have got to do something productive while I wait lol) and I was trying to think of all the things I need to get.... Here's my list so far, feel free to help me or correct me!
Food (same kind as breeder)
a blanket for inside her kennel
a kennel
dinner dishes (portable ones too, since the drive home will be 1.5 hrs?)
a collar, harness, and lead
assortment of combs (any tips on what kinds?)
nail clippys
puppy shampoo
a toothbrush/ puppy toothpaste?
toys
treats ( I may get some bully sticks if they're ok for puppies to have. && I heard cheerios are good for training.. are they? What does everyone else use for training)
an ID tag
Great list I would also suggest you get the blanket at babies r us it will be half the price and softer also get a baby gate there as well. A good rule to remember is if what you are buying is used for both a baby and a puppy by it at the baby store for some reason it is much less expensive. Since you are not getting your pup for a few weeks speak to the breeder and ask if you can send the blanket in advance so that it comes home with something that smells familiar.

You might also want to get:

A seat belt or car seat for when riding in the car
unscented baby wipes
Ask the breeder what type of food they are feeding and if they will be sending home some with you, some not all use Eukanuba, or puppy chow not the best food, and you might want to switch foods wich you need to do very very gradually. Also could be using a food not readily available in your area these are things you need to know in advance.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!