View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
MizMaRLeysMoM86
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
Eek...I understand your love of Yorkies and this site but perhaps your co-worker was expressing some frustration at your work performance. Are you carrying your weight around the office and doing the job for which you are being paid? Just taking a more objective view since I have been in your co-worker's place before where I had to do my job and the rest of us had to pick up a co-worker's slack because she was doing other things on "company" time like planning a wedding or building a house, etc. It could be that it's not a Yorkie thing at all but rather an attempt to get you to start carrying your weight in the office! For that particular language to be used in the work place, your co-worker sounds as though she had reached a point of frustration.

I'm not judging you and I certainly don't know your situation but I am trying to give you a larger picture of what may be happening. It is unfair to those who work with you for you not to do the job for which you were hired. If your particular job should be evaluated and rated, could this observation of your time on the internet site while at work be a problem for you?

I have also seen instances where a co-worker might say such a thing in an attempt to help someone. For instance, if there is "water cooler" talk about the time you spend on non-work-related things, maybe she was just trying to give you a heads-up before you do get in trouble with the boss.

I don't know your occupation nor your age nor your circumstances but I have retired from 30 years of work and (unfortunately sometimes) worked with all kinds. She may actually be trying to help you tone down the off-task time before you get in trouble. She may only be trying to make you aware of what others are saying/observing.

Just a thought...
I am military, work on computers, and this "jerk" is the new guy that just joined who knows nothing about his job.I train HIM! We have a lot of down time with what I do. Thats pretty much all I can tell you. All the other people in the office surf the web just as much as I do when we have time. They just dont look at YT, they look at sports or cars or computer things. I am the only girl in the office.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!