View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I finally got out of the house this weekend and went to the dogs show in Beaumont Texas on Saturday and Sunday. I was nice just getting out and seeing my fellow yorkie exhibitors. I did not have anything entered.

Ch. Gaelwyn's Celtic Reflection won Best of Breed all three days. She is a beautiful top winning bitch.

The winner's bitch all three days was Darants Nikita at Zotami. She finished her championship today. She was also very beautiful. Congratulations to George and Nadine Martin on their new champion. They also got WD on Friday with their beautiful male.

A beautiful 11 month old puppy got WD on Sat. and Sun.

Today's judge was Dr. Steve Keating. He did something today that surprised me. There were 3 class dogs entered, one in 9 to 12 month, one in 12 to 18 months and one in open dog. The judge gave the point to the 9 to 12 month old puppy but then withheld the reserve winner. His reason....he did not think the other two dogs had enough attitude. All three dogs were beautiful. The two that he withheld the reserve on just did not hold their tail up all the time. These are dogs that are already pointed but just don't have a lot of ring experience. The puppy was deserving of the points but I don't feel the judge should have withheld the reserve. Anyway, anyone planning on entering under Dr. Keating, you better make sure your dog keeps his tail up and shows some attitude.
Keating was just in a bad mood I guess...I've never seen him withhold ribbons and I don't agree with what he did unfortunately! I've had the pleasure of seeing one of the dogs but haven't seen Nadine's dog yet but hear he is very very nice
At least not having a terrier attitude doesn't warrant a DQ since only color warrants that. I've won and lost under Keating but it's hard to believe he withheld not like him...
Glad you got to go watch the shows....

Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!