View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Acana = a million poops per day

I recently switched Layla from Orijen to Acana. I know Orijen is a GREAT food, she was doing very well on it, but the problem is she didn't like it. She was on 6 Fresh Fish (due to allergies). It's tough to feed her on a schedule because she doesn't want to eat the food. If I put it down she'll just pick at it throughout the day instead of being excited to eat it all at once. If I take it away after she nibbles in the morning, she will just end up throwing up bile later
When I mixed in Acana (lamb and apple), she would pick out the Acana immediately and devour it! That's what I want from a dog food! By the time I switched completely to Acana, she would eat it all within a half hour of feeding time.
HOWEVER, she seems to expel as much as she takes in! From Orijen, I was used to 1 or 2 small firm poops every day. On Acana, she'd poop usually 2 or 3 times during the day (large and pretty soft), and then at least once in the evening... and then she started pooping another 2 times overnight! It's just crazy! She only gets fed twice a day, so she was getting about 3 or 4 poops out of each meal!
I am really feeling like I need to switch back to Orijen. How much nutrition is she getting from Acana if that much is coming out? I just feel bad because she really hates her "fish food" as we call it. Does anyone have suggestions on other ones we can try?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!