View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #13
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
I could be patient but why wait...LOL

How are we notified about our secret buddy? I'm guessing by private message but will it give the address then or just the name? Yes- Admin will send you a PM usually 1-5 days after the thread closes. It will have your buddy's mom/dad's info - where they live- and it will have a link to your buddy's sign up page.

I'm just wondering if all the info comes in the first pm or if we get another pm closer to the mail-out date...you will only get the 1 pm

Also, does everyone try to wait until a certain time close to the date or does everyone just sorta do it "whenever" during the month? some people send 2-3 days after getting their buddies, and some have to wait for various things to come in the mail so it takes a bit longer- either way is great!

I have never in my life mailed anything international and I've read about declaring it as a gift and such but (I'm thinking about the deadlines I see for soldiers around Christmastime) wouldn't you have to send an international shipment really soon for an international buddy to get their package on time? You only have to SEND it by a certain time- there is no deadline for when it ARRIVES at your buddy. Living in Canada- we have to usually wait a good long while to get packages from the US. Just make sure on the form you tell what is in it so they dont' open it at customs.

What a run-on sentence...eek!
hope that helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!