View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Ricky Bobby has started his agility training. He is my first yorkie to do agility with but I train and compete with my papillons and they have done very well. I see a few yorkies at trials and they do a good job. Ricky B was not sure about the dog walk at first but he is a food addict so as soon as he learned there are cookies involved he was all about the training. They are smart dogs, but you will need to watch out for doing too much repetition and you have got to make it fun the entire time. They are not border collies, shelties, or golden retrievers, they can't do something a zillion times over and over or they will shut down and stop having fun. Make sure you have an instructor that understands this and you will do great!
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep that in mind. Cash is also a bigger yorkie with long legs (9lbs) and he is very active, but I will definitely not overwork him. This is a bit difficult since he will work very hard for me and not stop until I say so.
Sometimes it feels like I have a 5 year old child who doesn't know he is tired until he hits the bed. Hehe, I have to remind him that he is tired! He is so afraid to miss something.

Anyway, I am very excited for us and I hope everything goes well. With hard work, I am sure it will. I'll keep you posted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!