View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

If wall are properly prepared, wallpaper is easy to take down. There is a product called sizing, and it should be put up first before the paper, it creates a seal between the paper and wallboard, so tearing down paper is easy, and it also is easier to apply. Too many people skip this step. If your paper was applied to brand new walls, the builders probably didn't even finish the wall with joint compound. If you've ever walked through an unfinished house, you might notice some walls have a large "WP" written on them, meaning the plasterer should not put joint compound or texture on those walls. The good news is your wallpaper might come off easily because they chances they used sizing are higher, the bad news is that it will have no texture whatsoever, and might look strange if painted because any flaw will show up, more so, if using a paint with any gloss at all. So you might need to hire a plasterer to finish the walls, if you don't wish to apply wallpaper again. Trends come and go in decorating, and I love wallpaper, it makes a wonderful statement, I think your paper is lovely.

Join today and remove this ad!