View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurray View Post
I've had my baby for about 2 months he's about 41/2 months old.For potty training he is kept on potty pads in the bathroomwhile we are at work and kids at school.He usually goes on them. Then while home we take him out pretty consistently and use praise and treats to encourage outside potty. He doesn't let us know when he has to go we just have to take out alot.I try not to let him out of my sight but accidents happen . when can I expect to see progress? I've never had an inside dog.

I know he doesnt tell you he has to go out but look closely for HINTs, circling , sniffing , pacing.. My pups almost 5 months we had a pee pee pad night mare, she has been going out for 2 weeks now and only 1 accident by the front door, I kind of just can tell and then I ask her you want to go outside, I then tell her hurry up while she is peeing, now when I say hurry up she will pee within a couple minutes... I dont give her treats outside only when we come in. It has worked for me , but I still have to watch her and figure out if she has to go!!
jeanm1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!