View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
lovingyorkies
Yorkie Yakker

Unlove

My little baby LoveBug puppy had CHF. She came home with us when she was 8 weeks old. We didn't know what it was at first. But from the first nite we had her, she coughed terribly Just at nite. I took her the very next day and vet started her on antibiotics. It was so strange she would play and act normal during the day with out other yorkies. But, then when nite came she would cough pittifully! Well after 3 rounds of antibiotics, 1 nite was really bad. I took her in first thing that morning. She was so pittiful with nasal drainage and just being exhausted. The vet did a chest xray and stated she had Pneumonia but it was located in a really weird place and then she talked to the vet at the UT vet school and they dx with chf. They tried to start IV to give her lasix to relieve the fluid. But, couldn't get it on her little barely 1pd baby. We had to rush her to the Vet emergency at UT. They jerked her from me and took her to the back... Stated they would be doing more xrays, iv and monitor little LoveBug (we called her LoveBuggy). This was around 6 or 7 pm. They called around midnite and stated she was doing better and had ate and was playing a little. Then, around 6 am the doctor called and stated she had a massive seizure and passed away. She was only 3 months old. But, from the first minute she had us wrapped around her little paw!

This was the first time I had ever lost a baby. This was last year in February. We still had 7 little yorkies. My oldest Petree (the 1 who got this whole yorkie addiction started), was diagnosed a couple of years prior with CHF. She did really well just taking her lasix. Then in April last year also, she suddenly turned for the worst and we had to go thru it again. Needless to say last year was not good.

I am sorry to have written a book here. I don't think anyone but the Lord knows the outcome. Hopefully, their baby will overcome it and be strong and healthy. You got to make the most of every minute!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!