View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
sharon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry

oh, my goodness, that is really scary. my 2 lb. mcdreamy fell only about 6 or 7 inches from the ground (slipped out of my hands) and hit his head. We STILL dont know if his injuries are going to be serious or not. If you read my post Saturday i think it was, it will explain everything that happened. He is not eating much at all, and has diarreha. dr. is going to put him on flagel tomorrow. its really scary. he's lost some of his balance when hes walking down the hall i notice now, and i am really concerned that hes not going to recoup from this fall. i hope i am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I remember reading of one yorkie who died when a remote control hit him on the head. They have a soft spot that doesn't close for a while. Concussions also can happen through head trauma, and you should be looking for any signs of vomiting, as this can indicate something serious. I know with children, you look at the pupils to see if they are both the same size, I'm not sure if the same is true with dogs. You do it with a flashlight. I call the vet when something like this happens, and they tell me what to look for. If the vet isn't open, I call the emergency clinic. They don't always tell me to bring him in, sometimes they say it can wait, and bring him in if X occurs. Best of luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!