View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

Hello!! I see your from Shelby Twp, I'm in Warren!! Wanted to let you know I feed Snickers NV Raw in the morning and then EVO kibble at night. He is doing so very well on it, I can't recommend it enough!! Actually you have a great feed store by you- Rocko's Pet Depot n 22 & Hayes!!

1. Can I feed him only the medallions, or does he still need kibble as well? You can do this either way, although feeding a rotation diet (raw+kibble) is cheaper than feeding only raw.

2. Based on his eating habits, I've recently started feeding him only twice a day, as opposed to 3 times, and it's worked out for the better. With the raw diet, can I still feed him just the twice a day? For sure!! How old is your pup?? I would cont 3 times a day until about 4-5 months. We feed Snick his raw in the morning 6am and then his kibble is out from 3:30pm-we go to bed He eats about 1-2 tablespoons max.

3. Does it have to remain refrigerated until serving? Occasionally he goes to doggy daycare and I pack a lunch or dinner for him. This way if it is required to remain refrigerated, I can ask the facility if they have a fridge or I can put it in a small insulated bag. When you give it for doggy daycare, you will also want to give them cleaning instructions...super important to wash everything after handling raw. I wash all dishes, containers, utensils etc with HOT soapy water to be sure to eliminate all germs etc.

4. What about treats? What do you raw feeders recommend? I am super picky about treats. Snick also only gets grainfree treats. We give him Wellness Pure Rewards Jerky, Front Porch Pets Berry Yammy Sweet Potato cookies, Cloud Star Carrot or Apple Slices, EVO biscuits, BullySticks, and once in a while Zuke's ZRidge Dental bones (these have some grain.) About to try some freeze dried chicken as well.

One of my main concerns is to regulate and firm up his stools (he had a problem with diarrhea in the past, and although it's gotten better, he still has loose stools every now and then, and the firm ones are pretty big for some reason, even though he doesn't eat much). And I'm hoping that by switching to raw, it'll help alleviate that problem and also just for his overall health. Also, if anyone would like to share any other benefits of a raw diet, that would be great! You will love how much your pup loves raw, it's incredible actually. Breathe is great, poop is fantastic, (little pellet like poops) still have the ease of feeding kibble when needed, enjoy!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!