View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
YorkieLove77
YT Addict

Default Considering raw, have some questions

I've been reading some really positive experiences with the raw diet, and I'm leaning towards it for my JoJo, as his health and well-being are very important to me. However, I do have some questions first for those who know. (the food I'm considering is the Nature's Variety medallions.)

1. Can I feed him only the medallions, or does he still need kibble as well?

2. Based on his eating habits, I've recently started feeding him only twice a day, as opposed to 3 times, and it's worked out for the better. With the raw diet, can I still feed him just the twice a day?

3. Does it have to remain refrigerated until serving? Occasionally he goes to doggy daycare and I pack a lunch or dinner for him. This way if it is required to remain refrigerated, I can ask the facility if they have a fridge or I can put it in a small insulated bag.

4. What about treats? What do you raw feeders recommend?

One of my main concerns is to regulate and firm up his stools (he had a problem with diarrhea in the past, and although it's gotten better, he still has loose stools every now and then, and the firm ones are pretty big for some reason, even though he doesn't eat much). And I'm hoping that by switching to raw, it'll help alleviate that problem and also just for his overall health. Also, if anyone would like to share any other benefits of a raw diet, that would be great!

Thanks a bunch!
YorkieLove77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!