View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debgarv View Post
It seems like the more I study different foods, the more confusing it becomes. I have yorkies adults and puppies
so I mix puppy food w/ adult food since my 6 dogs eat together. I have been using Eukanuba adult yorkie formula mixed w/ eukanuba small breed puppy, and now I am reading that may not that great. I just got another yorkie female 10 mo old this wk and her former owner recommended and sent home w/ me wellness puppy. I have been mixing it in w/ my other food so her diet isn't a drastic change. How can you really know the absolute best diet for yorkies? Is it just trial and error?
Well, I do now certain ingredients are a no-no and you're best to stay away from them. They're basically just "fillers" put in dog food, some of the dog food and the way they are made is disgusting. Corn, by-products, wheat, etc is not good. Dogs are carnivores by nature so the first ingredients should be meat. I do know some stuff! lol. But yes, certain things work better for certain dogs. Corn causes allergies a lot in dogs so that's one reason to stay away from it. But some dogs may not have issues with it.

Last edited by Britster; 04-22-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!