View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomerBeth View Post
...As for using on the faces, I only use baby shampoo around the eyes even though many dog shampoos are safe for the eyes. ...
The Espree Hypoallergenic Coconut Shampoo is tearless and safe for puppies and kittens over 6 weeks -- in essence it is a natural baby shampoo for pets. It is tearless because of the natural ingredients not the addition of a chemical that sort of "freezes the eye" so as not to feel the hurt, like most tearless baby products. I am sort of against most baby shampoos, even though the topic is controversial. Most beauticians will tell you baby shampoo is most often harsher than the premium adult brands.

There is a lot written on the harsh chemicals in most commercial baby shampoos. Some of the problem chemicals are the SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), the foaming agents, the preservatives (like parabens), artificial dyes & smells and I am sure more. Sometimes they will change an atom or two and call the chemical something close to the ones previously listed as dangerous chemicals so I would stay away from anything that sounds close too. There are some natural baby shampoos -- if you use one that does not add chemicals, then it would probably be as safe as the Espree Hypoallergenic Coconut Shampoo. I doubt there are any serious health risks from any of them or they would not get an okay to be sold. But.... I worry about so many chemicals added to everything these days so if I can find a natural product that works as good I go with it.

When I use my (still preferred) Espree Silky Show shampoo, I just use a wet washcloth on their faces, but the HA Coconut does a better job for sure.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!