View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
mcfalcon
Yorkie Yakker

Default Don't be alarmed Michelle002!

Hi my 7 year old Francie just had 7 of her 9 incisors removed. We were shocked. Plus, more in the back. She still has 30 teeth. Thanks to YT I've learned so much. Yes our Vet was not communicative, sounds like yours is better at it(where in NY bty?)
Infact Ellie May has reponded to my posts. She is so cute and I'm sure yours is too. Incisiors are the weakest and can cause grave problems should they become loose and remain in. I have a co-worker who did not have extractions on her Maltese and lost it a month ago, she's devastated. In most cases any amount of preventative treatment won't help at that stage on those bad teeth, they are just bad, its not your fault. You should still brush or use dental spray or OraVet gel, for the rest of the teeth.
Wondering did Ellie May have preventative treatment before hers were extracted? What age?
The best thing is you took action. I know its a shock but you are great and brave to have gone to the Vet asap. Now you've prolonged the lifespan of your Yorkie for sure!!!!
mcfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!