View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
blueskies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Wow!! That seems pretty scary!! Is AkC hard up for $$$? And to register a puppy without the breeders signature?? I can see alot of fraud coming out of this. At least you put limited on your AKC site!!
Technically with these online applications you could do it without a signature. You don't have to send in the original application you got from the breeder, just fill out the information online and enter the pin numbers. It doesn't even send the breeder an email to confirm. I believe that you can call AKC and request the original mail-in applications only so that nobody can register your puppies online (meaning it would HAVE to have your signature). It's a rather strange double standard because they will give you hell and make you wait for 3 months to confirm a transfer application, and only approve it half the time, but they make it so darn easy for anyone dishonest to register these puppies online. Also, on the online applications there is a pin number for full registration. If the breeder just marks over the code it is very easy to hold up to the light and read, thus giving someone dishonest full registration on a puppy that was marked limited, and AKC would probably never know unless the breeder filled out the online record with limited and they happened to notice it was different than what the puppy was actually registered. If I get a batch of online registrations I physically cut out the squares with the full registration codes. It's ridiculous...

Last edited by blueskies; 04-21-2009 at 12:36 PM.
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!