View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
MinMuf1
Peanut Gallery Mom
Donating Member

Angry AKC Online Breeder Records... BE FOREWARNED!!! LONG POST...

Sorry folks, this one is kinda long. Recently I had the pleasure of placing a litter of four with four wonderful adoptive families. In so doing, I retained AKC registration applications until which time I received written confirmation that the puppy has been spayed/nuetered from a licensed veterinarian. I also maintain all my records online with AKC.org. In so doing, with this last litter, I recently updated my records inputting the names, email addresses, addresses, phone numbers, etc. within the AKC system. And, specifically indicated via selecting this from one of their drop down choices that each puppy was released WITHOUT registration papers. That was just last week...

Well, wouldn't you know it... One of my adoptive families contact me with the following email they received from AKC directly. It actually contained every bit of information needed to register this puppy online without the registration application!!! The online pin numbers, litter number, dam and sire numbers were also provided within the email and had I not indicated LIMITED within the AKC system prior to locking the registration online, the puppy could just possibly be registered with FULL registration.

I placed a call into AKC to inquire about this and was told "it was apparently an automatically generated email" and "I'd get a call back after further investigation with their IT department." But, felt that a warning needed to put out. So, please BEWARE of this. I will update my post with the findings or resolution to my inquiry from AKC, if any is actually received.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Subject: Your New AKC Puppy Deserves the Best: Register Today!
To: "EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED FOR POSTING"

You are receiving this email from the AKC because you recently purchased a dog which is eligible for AKC registration.

American Kennel Club
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW AKC PUPPY!
Dear NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED FOR POSTING,

We hope that your puppy is embracing his new home and you are enjoying the newest member of your family. By now, you've probably chosen what to feed him, started an exercise schedule, and begun training. But, there is one more important step that you haven't taken. You still need to register your puppy with the American Kennel Club.

Please click on the Register Now button to submit your application online. If you prefer to complete your registration via mail, please send your completed form to: The American Kennel Club P.O. Box 900053, Raleigh, NC 27675-9053.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register today to receive more than $125* in registration benefits!
Frameable registration certificate with your dog's official name
FREE Introductory Veterinary Office Visit.
COMPLIMENTARY 60-day Trial Pet Healthcare Coverage. Activation Required.
FREE AKC New Puppy Handbook
Reduced Rates for Pet Lost & Found Recovery Service
Eligibility to Participate in Exciting AKC Events
*Savings based on registration package and cost of veterinarian office visit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing Your Dog Registration Application?
Contact AKC today at 1-800-252-5545, PIN NUMBER DELETED FOR POSTING. Please be prepared to provide the information below to the representative.

Litter Number: NUMBER DELETED FOR POSTING Breeder Name: NAME DELETED FOR POSTING
Dam Name and Number: NAME AND NUMBER DELETED FOR POSTING
Sire Name and Number: NAME AND NUMBER DELTETED FOR POSTING

Have Questions About Registering Your Dog?
If you have questions about dog registration or need assistance registering your puppy, email us at dogregonline@akc.org.

This email was sent to you as a valued customer of the American Kennel Club.
Please read AKC's Privacy Statement.

Find answers to commonly asked questions.

Click here to unsubscribe.

Our website address is: American Kennel Club - akc.org

Our mailing address is:
American Kennel Club
8051 Arco Corporate Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-233-9767
MinMuf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!