View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
Honeypaute
No Longer a Member

Thanks everyone for your posts. I think I am going to try to hook the lightest leash I have to her and let her drag it around the house. I thought about hooking her and Tater together but she doesn't follow him around quite yet, she is more likely to follow me so I am going to just continue to try as well when outside. When I walked her last time, I also had Tater with me thinking she would follow his lead but that was not the case. Also I am thinking on a nice day, even though my yard is fenced maybe putting her on a tie out where I could watch her. Just so she gets used to the feeling as well. Not sure if that's a good idea of not, but when I was picking her up from the rescue that's what they did with her sis and she flipped out at first but then figured it out and after about an hour was walking around fine on it. I hope to get her accustomed soon so she can enjoy the excitement of a long walk!

Abbysmom - Have you watched the dog whisperer? I know it sounds crazy, but I am a big fan of the show. Cesar shows some nice tips how to get them to not pull and stay behind you. I have tried some with Tater and he seems to improve more and more all the time (it's too hard to describe in writing it's more of a see and do thing.). I am sure there are some vids of it on youtube
Honeypaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!