View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Ok-- I have a 1/2" thick document (41 pages) from the post office with all the new postal rates that go into effect on May 11, 2009. Hope this information helps. Like Anne mentioned -- If you ship to Canada, when you fill out the Custom's Declaration Form CN22 - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to list the box as a "gift" and the value as UNDER $20.00. This is to prevent Canadian Customs Authorities from holding their gift hostage until they pay a huge gigantic custom's fee.

A regular one ounce first class stamp will cost $.44

Domestic Flat Rate:
$10.35 - Small Flatrate - up to 70 lbs.
$13.95 - Large Flatrate - up to 70 lbs.

I didn't include all of the various weights only the maximum International USPS First Class for Canada and Mexico
$16.77 - International First Class to Canada - 4 lbs.
$26.85 - International First Class to Mexico - 4 lbs.

International Flat Rate to both Canada and Mexico with a maximum weight of 20 lbs:$25.95 - Small Flat
$32.95 - Large Flat

Note: I don't have the deminsions of the flat rate boxes, but you use the same boxes for dometic and international - it's just the maximum weight is different. From experience, the large flat rate boxes are not much larger than the small ones.

Anne, I hope you don't feel like I hijacked your thread.
Thanks cindy no of course I do not think that but thank you..also people not knowing thinks if they say a gift it is ok... well they do not care if it is a gift but go by the dollar value..
And sometimes people seem to think that if they put a little higher price the buddie will think oh wow.. but most people know pricing that are on the forums.. so making a toy worth 10.00 that is 4.00 does not matter to people like me.. for I could care less what the customs forum says.. as long as I do not have to pay the 25.00 I paid out to duty on my first and only yt GE i did..I was SHOCKED when I went to pick up the parcel shipped via ups.. it was a very small box.. the buddie had sent two other parcels.. thank god she did it that way.. or it would have killed me..
I do think this is a good thread for people to read.... for when I sent mine to my buddie I sent ups and told them if there is duty I want it paid for by me..I sure did not want my buddie to get that surprise..

Again Cindy thanks... anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!