View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Jacklynn
YT Addict

Default Can I give a bath yet?

Wrigley was neutered this last Wednesday (5 days ago). They said to give it about a week before giving him a bath. Well I think he picked up some fleas while he was there somehow The last few days I have been picking them off of him like crazy, and while he is due for a flea dose soon, we have to wait until it comes in from petmeds.

My question is, can I give him a gentle bath now? I have this great flea shampoo that really works wonderfully. I don't want our house to get infested with fleas while we wait for the meds to come in (I also don't want to go spend $60 at the store when I have some on the way). I also don't want them to transfer to our other yorkie, who thankfully didn't seem to have gotten any while she as there.

Do you think it is too early for a bath? The actual cut in his skin doesn't really look any different, but the area is no longer swelled and his normal coloring in the area is mostly back to normal (any slight bruising and redness is almost gone). I just don't want to risk him getting an infection or something from the bath, and also want to get these fleas away from him sooner vs. later -- especially since he sleeps with us.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!