View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
ddavis6326
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Has anyone seen this in their yorkies?

Okay, It all started around a week and a half ago. That Tuesday evening she threw up yellow foamy stuff. Afterwards,she was eating/drinking normally. I watched her the next two days. She didn't throw up, However, the third day she had a bit of bloody diarrhea. The next morning she had something in her diarrhea that appeared to be mucus like. She went to the vet(4/9/09). She came back with 6 cans of Hill's prescription i/d and metronidazole. He said that she has a sensitive stomach.
So, she was on the prescription dog food and taking her medication. Things were looking normal. She finished her medication Monday of last week. Friday (4/17/09) morning around 6:00 am. She woke up and like usual pooped. The poop was runny, dark brown and had a mucus in it. While I was cleaning it up she started vomiting the frothy yellow again. However this time she threw up multiple times within a thirty minute period. I called the emergency vet and they told me to go to my local vet (which opened at 7:30). I took her and a sample of the frothy vomit to the vet. The doctor said that it looked like empty stomach.However, for good measure, He decided to keep her for observation throughout the day. I picked her up around 5:30 Friday. She had a good report. She hadn't vomited or pooped diarrhea during that day. He told me to itegrate her dry food in with the prescription. It has now been two days and she seems to be doing well, She still has some small bouts of runny stool (maybe once a day -mid afternoon).

What could be causing this (frothy vomit, diarrhea)?

What do you feed a dog that has a sensitive stomach?

How do I stop her bouts of diarheaa?

ddavis6326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!