View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
xliloliverdiorx
YT Addict

Default Talk to her or just let it go?

I think I just need some advice and to rant and rave about this issue. Its been bothering me for almost a day now.

I have a friend of whom all my other friends say I should get rid of because she likes to use me for my car and my advice and nothing else. We are both 21 years old and I called her last night. I have a new boyfriend of about a month and a half who is Hispanic and is from Ecuador and he did grow up in Ecuador.

Last night when I called my friend she asked where i was i said i was on my way to Julio (my boyfriends) house. I got to his house and realized he was not there yet, however, his brother was there but in bed. I have a key to the house and they said i could be there whenever i wanted "mi casa es su casa" type of thing lol. I said on the phone oh wow only Jorge is here right now. My friend then went off and started saying that I shouldnt be at Julios house without Julio being there and that I shouldnt be there so much and everything because if Julio was an American it would be weird for you to be there. She said also that some of the things that Julio says and the fact that i have a key after a month and a half of dating would be a "red flag" in American culture. After this she proceeded to tell me that i need to "act more like an American, because you are an American but you sure dont act like it". After this she told me that I dont have a right to say i love South American food because I have never eatten one of their delicacies that they eat down there.

This is not the first time that she's gone off on be about this weird culture shock thing. In the past she has changed my music in the car from spanish salsa or reggeton to the radio because she just didnt feel like listening to that "crap". She's also said to be that I need to act more American and stop eatting so much rice, because I am not a Latina apparently according to her i cant eat rice.

But anyways so this thing really upset me and I dont know whether or not to talk to her or what i should do. I dont know what to say to her because I dont want to pit her against Julio because Julio never did anything to her but I want her to understand that I am happy and Im no longer going to let her bring me down because she doesnt like the way I am or what I like or whatever. So, what should I do? talk to her not talk to her? What should I say to her?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!