View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I'm just... a dog person. I have loved dogs since I was 3 years old when I BEGGED my parents for a dog. They, knowing I was too young for the responsibility, decided against it at first. But my dad's a big animal lover himself, broke down, and bought me a Golden Retriever pup for my 4th birthday. Daisy ended up being my dad's baby rather than mine but she was the family dog. She lived to be almost 12 years old. When I turned 9 years old, we added Sadie, an 8 week old German Shepherd into the bunch.... she was a big trouble maker but it was our fault, we never trained her properly. She bit a worker that came to our house and had to be put down. Hardest day EVER, we were devastated. She was only 3 years old. My aunt has always been a huge dog lover and owned dogs, my grandma owned a Lphaso Apso with me growing up, and now has a Lab. I just can't imagine a house without them.

Those first few months of owning a puppy can sometimes make your doubt your decision to buy a dog. But I swear, if trained properly etc, after a few months, it's ALL worth it. Jackson is an awesome companion and so smart. He's so much fun and easy to train. Potty training took a little more time but he is now 6 months and 98% potty trained. It was worth it. I love him so much.

ANYWAYS.... I've grown up around dogs and can't imagine a house without them. I've been around very annoying dogs and very pleasant, awesome dogs. So it all depends on how you see it. I think having a dog reminds you of the simplicity of life and what really matters. They're always going to be your friend, they're always going to "listen" to your problems, they will always forgive you, and they will always give you love. Nothing beats the love of a dog! Walking into a house and having a greeting of such pure joy is an awesome feeling.

Last edited by Britster; 04-17-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!