View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Love Very Interesting! Gently Used Gift Exchange

Welcome to this very interesting thread. Hopefully the title convinced you to peek.

I was thinking that most of us probably have a box full of clothes and toys our yorkies don't wear / play with. Wouldn't it be nice if another yorkie got to enjoy them?

Here's the proposal: We start with two YT boxes, one for clothes, one for toys. You sign up for either or both boxes. You receive the box with other people's gently used toys / clothes. You take what you like, add your own things, and send the box onto the next person on the list.

Would you sign up for something like this??

I'm thinking we have a rule that you can only put clothing in Excellent or Like New condition into the box, and maybe Very Good quality for toys. It might be nice to do something like this for treats or larger items like outgrown crates, but toys and clothes seem like the easiest place to start.

We would have some basic rules, like:

- the box must have at least five items in it when you send it on.
- the box can't weight more than ten pounds (or whatever is a reasonable shipping weight).
- You must send the box on within 10 days of receiving it.
- You must meet basic qualifications like those for entering the official Gift Exchange.

We are still working out where the sign ups would be, maybe in the "Wanted" forum. We would also need to figure out how to prevent the box from getting "stuck" somewhere.

What do you think? Something you'd love to do? Never do? You would do if the idea got tweaked in this or that way? I'd love your feedback!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!