Thread: Rotted nails??
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
jenn1381
YT Addict

Default Rotted nails??

I really had hoped I would get to wait longer than 2.5 weeks to have to post in this area about Oliver!

He was sleeping on my stomach just a bit ago, and I was petting him.. My hand moved to his right front paw, and I noticed his nail didn't look right.. Come to find out, he has 2 nails on that paw (all other paws are fine) that look (and this is the only way I can describe it) as thought they have rotted part of the way down. It starts at about half way down the nail and goes to the pad. He is not in pain, he didn't like me touching it, but he runs and jumps and plays like normal and seems perfectly fine. But, it seriously LOOKS bad! I'm worried he may lost those nails, and that would be soooo painful, and the boy has gone through ENOUGH already! Could it be some kind of fungus? I tried to get pictures but he wasn't having any of it... I'll look online and see if I can get an example.

Luckily I already have a vet appointment for him tomorrow at 2:40 just for his new adoption check up and heartworm preventive. He seems fine so I won't push the appointment up unless he seems uncomfortable... not so sure I can wait though! It's freaking me out! And here I've been taking him for hour long walks each morning, with 2 nails like that!!!! They've gotta hurt! My poor baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!