View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
I am so very sorry that you were bitten. I really feel your pain

My husband is a certified farrier and for a while he was doing some specialized shoe/trimming work. What really annoyed me most was that people didn't TRAIN their horses to behave with the farrier. Like duh

I am sure that you experience this a lot. People bring their unmanageable dogs to the groomer to have nails clipped and ears trimmed and to have a general grooming done -- and they haven't put forth the effort to train the dog to behave properly and accept grooming. I know that there are exceptions - some dogs just are very difficult to work with, but geez, louise, they should at least warn you I hope you charged them extra
I agree! When I adopted my Norman it was with the knowledge that he would need to visit the groomers on a regular basis. I spend our "play" time making sure I handle his ears, his piggies (that's what we call feet in my house), I massage between his toes, I wipe his bottom, I brush him regularly....I basically try to do everything I can to make sure nothing he will experience at the groomers will he "scary" to him and he will have a relaxed and happy experience.

I don't understand dog (or any animal) owners do this. It doesn't take any special training sessions. It doesn't take any extra time. I do all of those things during our normal play/daily grooming sessions.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!