View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Default Trembling/Shaking?

Hi guys! Before I start -- please know that I am planning to check w/our vet on this as McKenzie has her annual exam and shots coming up here -- but I just wanted to get some opinions and see if anyone else has had this experience.

McKenzie is very high strung and anxious. She usually sits on the couch in the window all day with the other dogs and she doesn't generally relax - she's always on the lookout I guess you could say.

I notice though that throughout a good part of the day on and off she'll be trembling or shaking. It doesn't seem to affect her whatsoever -- it's just scaring me! I know that dogs can tremble when they are nervous, but as it seems to be just a random thing, it's been making me worry because it happens all throughout the day. It is entirely possible though that she's anxious most of the day just based on her personality.

Her temp is normal, her appetite is normal and all of her bathroom habits are normal as well. The house temperature is about 69 degrees -- and they hang out in a very warm sunny window all day, so I can't imagine she is cold. I thought about putting a sweater on but I don't want to overheat her if she's just nervous.

If I call her name -- usually for a brief moment she'll stop shaking, or when I grab a treat bag -- the same thing happens. Almost like she breaks out of it?

So I guess I am just wondering if any of you have yorkies that do this at all. I get so paranoid because I know that shaking can be associated with more serious issues, but really as far as I can see everything is still quite normal.
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!