View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
dianethomas
YT Addict

Cry I know he's in pain

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed Zaccheus was running strangely, and said something to DH. He said that he always ran that way, so I let it go.

But Zacchie has stopped jumping up on the bed. At first I figured it was because he knew I would help him, so he was being lazy. But yesterday he wouldn't even jump up on the couch.

I checked him all over, and his right hind leg or hip seems to be the cause of some pain. I can extend his left leg all the way straight, but when I try to extend his right, he softly whimpers and trembles.

After looking through here, and doing some research, I think he may have hip displasia, which I understand is pretty rare in small breeds.

I gave him some Metacam, and will give him another dose this afternoon. I'm trying to see if he may have just pulled a muscle, or just be sore for some reason. His vet is not in today, so I will take him in tomorrow morning for x-rays if he's not feeling better. Right now he will run and walk on it, but when he stands, he holds it up ever so slightly.

Any other ideas?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!