View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Yes, the threat was bad and I'm glad Conor is o.k. but I feel you need to take more and better responsibility for Conor. In your own words you said:

This, to me, would be enough for me to keep Conor on a shorter leash and close to me. He has impaired sight and is deaf...antagonizes other animals but backs off at the last minute...and you want the other owners to take all of the responsibility? How are the other dog owners supposed to know Conor will back off? Conor's behavior is most likely, or at least partly, due to his disabilities and that behavior can cause him to be seriously hurt or even killed by another dog. It sounds like Conor needs to be protected from, not only other animals, but from himself so he doesn't get hurt and as his owner it's your job to do that. If it were me...I would keep him on a shorter leash closer to me and I would only allow other animals to approach if I were holding him so he didn't cause another dog to attack.
Agree.

But it is absolutely ridiculous what the man said to you, and completely unnecessary. I'm glad he's OK!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!