View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #12
HChellette
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry

Wow! I'm sorry that I ever posted this. It just goes to show how different someone can perceive things, I guess.

It's a game, people, that's all. It's no different than sitting a treat on the nose and a dog tossing it up to catch it, it's just another trick: we give her a rawhide, she growls, we take it away, she doesn't. She is not this way with anything else, no other treats, no toys, nothing, just the rawhide, which we never give her. We can put our hands all around her when she's like that and she won't do anything but show her teeth and growl, she's never made contact with anyone. She's just trying to act mean, which I personally find amusing since she is only 2lb 14oz.

I also put my hand in her food bowl when eating. I also take her toys and treats away when she is chewing on them and she never reacts. I also discourage agressive behavior. It's not like I sit around all day making her act the way she is in the video. It was a demonstration to show someone her strange behavior in a particular situation, that most find fascinating, since she changes so quickly. I also took the video down to my vet, whom I've told about the behavior and she didn't believe me. It was just a proof of behavior type thing that I found interesting and decided to share. Don't worry, faint of heart, I have learned my lesson and will never share anything again for fear of being chased with pitchforks and fire.

Interestingly enough, I've had several private messages sent to me from people that DID find the video interesting and even amusing because of her little "split personality", but these individuals where scared to post in the thread, for fear of causing animosity. Seriously, guys, this is a forum, it's not meant to antagonize and belittle people, it's supposed to be a place to share. I shared. Now, if you don't agree with it, I truly apologize, because it was never my intention to offend or horrify anyone with my incredibly horrible parenting antics. Here's an easy solution...........don't post a reply. It's that easy.

Life is just too short for all this anxiety over a silly little internet forum video. My posting days are over. Thanks for that..........really.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!