View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
virginiagirl
Yorkie Yakker

Default Having a bad day

It has been almost 3 months since I lost my precious Jag. There has not been a day that has gone by that he has not been on my mind. I miss him sooo much. This time of year, the Spring season has been especially hard. I can be outside and it's like I can almost see him running full speed through the grass to me. Jag was so much more to me than a pet. He had been my best friend for 9 years. He had been right beside me through some of the most difficult, trying times I had ever gone through. He was my rock. He was there for me when I felt as if no one understood some of the things I was going through in my life. I've never had a truer friend! I feel like I didn't really get to even say a proper goodbye to him. His death was so sudden. I am thankful I got to hold him when he took his last breath. I honestly, don't think I will ever truly get over losing him. I know that time does help, but sometimes out of the blue that aching pain just hits you right back again. My husband doesn't want to get another yorkie. Jag was my dog for 7 years before we were married. We do have a cat that we have had for one year. Sometimes, I try to get our cat to snuggle with me, and he wants no part of it. He only wants to snuggle when HE wants to snuggle. I know that is just how cats are. You truly can't compare cats and dogs. I just miss my little fur ball that was always eagerly waiting to shower me with hugs and kisses. We don't have any children and I guess Jag was kind of like my "little one." I know I spoiled him and babied him to death and I don't regret it not one tiny bit! I know that I will never get over losing Jag and I'm bound to have more days like the past few I've experienced. I'm thankful for this site and for all of you that have helped me through this difficult time.
virginiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!