View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #11
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Ours was only $21 and I was pleasantly surprised. It was simply a wellness check like a child getting a physical to play sports. We had to have it (within 72 hours, I think) to comply with our breeder's guarantee on her health.

However, we also had a wellness check letter from the breeder's vet and a record of all prior vet visits/shots, etc. Our breeder is very thorough and even has the label from the vaccines placed on the paperwork so that it is easy to verify that the meds were not outdated when given.

We go again this Friday for a vaccination. They would have given it last week but I wanted our first visit with her vet to be "pain-free" and it was. Our vet and his wife have a Yorkie, too, and he was wonderful with our Taffy.

We left the office with a peaceful (non-traumatized) puppy and a new puppy kit which contained several neat things for her including her first flea and heartworm treatments.

We would have gone to this particular vet regardless of cost (well, within reason...we are retired and on pensions) but before we went, I called and asked alot of questions including office visit costs, etc. (Plus, since I am so frightened of snakes, I also wanted to find out which branch of their clinics treated them. Thankfully, it wasn't the clinic closest to us!)
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!