View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
My Lacy did most of her growing between 4 and 6 months so I'm sure yours will grow some too. It doesn't hurt to wait until she's a little older to see if she'll grow. I really doubt she'll go into heat before 7 or 8 months, and it could be as long as a year. I would just see how big she is in about two months. Any size dog can be spayed...even hamsters and other pocket pets have been spayed. However, I would be sure I had a vet that was experienced with putting very tiny dogs under anaesthesia..and I would be sure to do all bloodwork plus a bile acid test prior to the surgery to make sure she's healthy. And if you want to be even more cautious, have an EKG done to make sure her heart is healthy.

Be sure to have your males neutered by 6 months just to be on the safe side. In fact, they can be neutered now. Many vets start spaying/neutering at 12-16 weeks now, and they are of good size.
I think Ryder did most of his growing between 6 and 8 months. He wasn't much larger than that at that age.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!