Thread: Choking!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
TishaMoon
YT Addict

Omg Choking!

Bailey just nearly gave me a heart attack! We received one of the food samples we ordered (Chicken Soup) today and I had been feeding her a couple pieces all day. A few minutes ago I was trying to record a message on her "talk to me" ball while she was eating a piece. The only problem is she likes to bark at that toy, so she barked while she was chewing and started choking! I stuck my finger down her throat and got most of the food out, but she was still choking. I went digging again and got the rest out.

Even after the food was out she kept making like a dry coughing sound. I figured her throat was dry or irritated but every time I put her by her water she wouldn't drink any. I gave her a little pineapple since it's in a lot of juice, and she swallowed it fine but still seemed to be annoyed. Finally I had to use a straw to get a little water in her mouth and since then she's acting fine. (Actually more than fine- she's back to eating poop and attacking my feet. )

Anyway, I just had to share since I was so freaked out. I just saw the thread about the heimlich, which is good to know but she's so little I'm not sure it would have worked well. Anyone have tips in case this happens again?

I don't know what would happen if she choked when I wasn't here. I really wanted her to have that talking toy when I wasn't here, but now it freaks me out because it dispenses food and talks, and she eats the treats and barks and growls at it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!