Thread: spoiled puppy?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalou06 View Post
thanks for the info. i have heard that purina isn't the best, i had no idea what to feed him and the vet suggested purina so i just stuck with his advice. i want to try different foods with him but i'm too scared he will get an upset tummy i dont know what to do!
He should be OK if you just switch it slowly. I forget the exact rules/measurements but start with just a tiny bit of the new food mixed in with the old (Purina) and then put a little more and more each day.

Also, I hate to say it, but sometimes vets don't even know much about nutrition. They just sell to you the products who pay them to sell their food. If that makes sense. Not all the time. But I've seen a lot of vets suggest Nutro, Science Diet, etc. I think Science Diet is better than Purina but still not the best.

It took Jackson a while but eventually, I just gave up trying to "force" him to eat and now he gladly walks over to his bowl by himself and starts eating. If you keep giving them something new everytime they're bored, they will always expect something new and never settle for one kibble.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!