View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #12
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChellette View Post
Well, I'm glad I'm not a complete idiot! I don’t consider myself obsessive about it, and I do feel as if my life is balanced right where it is. And the hardest thing you mentioned, about them waiting at the door when you have to go away, being sad, Silvia's not that way. I guess she's like an independent version of that, cause she licks me goodbye and then goes and gets in one of her many beds around the house and goes to sleep, or aggravated the cats.

As far as real children are concerned, I see both of your points, that a puppy can never replace a child, but because I can never have children, I guess what I'm saying is that I am OK with just the love of a dog. I used to get depressed thinking about the things mentioned, such as who will take care of me when I'm old, having grandkids, etc. But, there's not much I can do about that, so I'm considering my great love for Silvia as a great consolation prize!
Thanks for the reply, I was not trying to be disrespectful in stating the obvious, I just don’t like it when people assume my dogs are psychological compensation for having no kids (to me they are in two entirely different categories of things you can love). My woman can't have kids either and it’s something I won't dwell on as well, what would be the point?

I think yorkies are the cutest most adorable things in the world, and I am a guy, incidentally (who has always played for the right team). When I was a kid, I loved little terriers but never got to own one since my parents were not pet people. I would always have to be the terrier in Monopoly, and Toto was my favorite character in Oz. Now I would never go back to having no dog (and Yorkies are the best, as I’m sure you’d agree)!!!
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!