View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Sad Vomiting yellow foam?

Thor has thrown up three times in the past week. The first time was last Thursday. It was late in the day, and since I thought the yellow foam indicates bile / empty stomach, I figured he hadn't eaten enough that day.

On Sunday morning, he had diarrhea and vomited again. He also seemed to have a bad tummy ache. I took him to the vet (of course, the second he entered the vet's office, he seemed fine). He's had two poops since then, both normal. He's been peeing plenty the entire time, so I don't think he's dehydrated. I just got a message this morning from the vet saying his fecal came back negative for everything.

I've been feeding him chicken with rice, a little bit of yogurt, and a few Greenie pill packs to get his Flagyl tabs down twice per day. He ate a TON last night.

This morning, as soon as he got up, he vomited some yellow foam again. He's napping now and doesn't seem to be in any distress. Why would he still be vomiting? He can't possibly have an empty stomach given what he ate last night. Is he still just sick? He's supposed to be on Flagyl for 5-7 days. I took him to the park yesterday and he was running around like he was on fire.

He seemed to be doing so well that I was planning to put him back on normal food after I got the vet's call. Then an hour later he's throwing up. Any ideas? I did not get any blood work done at the vet's. The vet said that his pancreatic area did not appear tender, so he didn't think it was pancreatis.

Should I just wait until he's finished the course of his medicine and see if he's completely better by then?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!