View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Did you ever have one of "those friends"?

*sigh*

I have this friend, A. We have been friends since I was 15. So that is....18 years now.

She is one of those people that I call "grey" people. (don't know why...I've called them that since I was little) You know, the kind of people that just seem to suck the life out of you and leave you exhausted even after a few minutes with them.

Everything is about her and only her. My problems don't matter/aren't important/get casually dismissed.

She gets angry/jealous when I don't have time to talk to her. For example, she is busy pouting and whining right now because Saturday I drove my kids to Alabama. She called right as I was walking out the door to come back home so I told her I'd call her in a little bit. Well, she refused to take my calls for 2 days and finally called me last night and went on and on about how I never have time for her. I'm always out doing something. She just went on and on and on about it. **NOTE - The ONLY things I am ever out doing are things like going to the grocery store, picking up and dropping off kids, going to the post office. That sort of thing. SHE made it sound like I'm always out partying and having a good time without her.

I have tried several times to end this "friendship". It is just so emotionally draining for me. A good portion of the depression I've been in lately is directly linked to this. It is causing issues in other aspects of my life. I can't have any other friends because she gets so jealous. For example, I just recently met someone from this town on myspace. I was excited because she has kids who are close in age to my kids, and we had several other things in common. So I was happy to have FINALLY met someone here that I actually like. Well, A, went ballistic. She sent the lady a message saying all of this stuff about me. Well, even though none of it is/was true, I still lose out on a friend because they can't deal with A and her craziness.

Also the times I've tried to end it she has become "suicidal". She calls and calls and calls and emails and emails and when that gets no response she does things like show up on my doorstep at 2 in the morning crying and threatening to kill herself. Finally the last time I told her (out of sheer frustration) that I loved her, and really hoped she would choose not to take that route, but if she really felt like that is what she needs to do then I wish her the best of luck. That sounds like a HORRIBLE thing to say to someone who is threatening suicide, and I don't think I could live with myself if she had actually gone through it, but I feel like its just a cry for attention and I was tired of playing that game with her.

HOW do you end something like this with someone like her? I have now blocked her number, blocked her emails, removed her from my myspace, and once before I actually called the police and had her removed from my property. NOTHING works. Its like that song, "The cat came back, the very next day...it just wouldn't stay away away away away...."
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!