View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
HChellette
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnzeppi View Post
Allow me the state the obvious; they are not kids. I don't like it when people refer to dogs as "furkids." They will not help you when you are too old to help yourself. They will not have grandchildren you can play with, and you will never be proud of them for getting into grad school. On the other hand, the most you can get upset about with a yorkie, is their incessant barking or maybe chewing something up - they won't smash the car or stay out all night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I would never choose to have only a dog over real children. Nothing can top the love of a child. I think if you think you love your dog that much.... wait until you have your OWN kids.
Well, I'm glad I'm not a complete idiot! I don’t consider myself obsessive about it, and I do feel as if my life is balanced right where it is. And the hardest thing you mentioned, about them waiting at the door when you have to go away, being sad, Silvia's not that way. I guess she's like an independent version of that, cause she licks me goodbye and then goes and gets in one of her many beds around the house and goes to sleep, or aggravated the cats.

As far as real children are concerned, I see both of your points, that a puppy can never replace a child, but because I can never have children, I guess what I'm saying is that I am OK with just the love of a dog. I used to get depressed thinking about the things mentioned, such as who will take care of me when I'm old, having grandkids, etc. But, there's not much I can do about that, so I'm considering my great love for Silvia as a great consolation prize!

Last edited by HChellette; 04-13-2009 at 07:13 PM.
HChellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!