Thread: ill puppy
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #11
JJC
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley-Moo View Post
thanks for that, he is drinking milk and water bt wont eat his food,, he is also eatin chicken.. wt wil the honey do it him and plain yoghurt ???

Marley-Moo
X
X
I have read here that milk is not good for dogs because they are lactose intollerant so I wouldn't give him cows milk. My son is lactose intollerant and I know it makes him feel sick to his stomache so he doesn't want to eat. Maybe furbutts feel the same way I'm not sure.

Put a tiny bit of yogurt in his food to coat the food just a little bit. It may get him to start eating his food. I've read that Dannon Activia is a good yogurt for them. They say don't use anything with artificial sweetners though.

If his blood sugar is low the Nutri-Cal (etc.) will raise it up. Just like my2boyz said... Check the gums to make sure they are good and pink. If they are good and pink that's good news. If they are not good and pink but are instead pale, white, or grayish you should give him a little nutri-cal to get his sugar levels back up. I'm not trying to scare you but hypoglycemia can be an issue that can go from bad to very bad before you know it. Look up information on hypoglycemia and ask your vet about it as well.

I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge than myself will be along to help out soon.

Last edited by JJC; 04-13-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Didnt mean to hit the button... didn't edit a thing.
JJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!