View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Question Open Wound on Tatum's Back???

A little while ago I was petting Tatum and I felt a bump on her back. It is on her back, over a little ways, on the right side of her spine. I parted the hair to get a closer look and I saw that it was actually an open wound It was bleeding a little, but not terrible or anything. I put some Pulvex (an Antiseptic Ointment, similar to Bag Balm) on it with a Q-tip and started her back on Antibiotic (Clavamox) - just to prevent infection should it arise.

Has anyone here ever seen anything like this? (Pictures are below). Any idea what it might be? I am completely clueless It is like a small open wound - almost like her skin is splitting What next!! I don't need anymore problems with her! My poor little angel baby

When we were on our way out of town to take her for her LP surgery we had to of course stop and let her go potty (we usually stopped at gas stations, where there was grass) and we found a couple of fleas on her I have never in my entire LIFE seen a flea on her! AHHH!! But it was only 2 (we checked her over really well, multiple times) and 2 is all there was. I just don't see how this could have anything to do with only 2 little fleas being on her though - and we got them right off and killed them Then there is the thought of her surgery - did they give her some kind of shot there? Or could it have anything to do with when they took blood or did the Thyroid test on her? I will have to mention this to her surgeon tomorrow when we go back to see him.

But anyway, if anyone here has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wound 1.jpg (176.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg wound 2.jpg (176.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg wound 3.jpg (197.0 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg wound 4.jpg (183.4 KB, 51 views)

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!