View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Help - Sick Puppy

Good Morning Yorkie Talkers,

I am hoping someone can offer me some advice for SophieKate. She has been up since 3:30 this morning (along with me) having problems with sevre diarrhea. SophieKate is going on the average of every two hours, not a lot but of course at this point there is probably not a lot of food left in her little body.

I have been researching and so far I have taken her completely off food and have been making sure she is drinking. I have sent her Dad out to get her some canned pumpkin (no sugar or spices) and I just made her a small scrambled egg because the poor little thing was so hungry. I have checked and there is no blood and she is not bleeding from her little butt area.

Besides having diarrhea SophieKate appears to be fine, she is active, running around playing with the cat and barking at me for attention all which is normal morning routine.

She hasn't had any recent diet changes and was at the Vet on Friday for her allergies. She is not on any medication and has not had her heartworm pill yet this month (due on Tuesday).

Please tell me am I missing anything? I am so worried about her and want to make sure I am doing the right thing for her. Usually SophieKate is so healthy and has only been sick once, when I first got her she had serve Kennel Cough which turned into Pnemonia.

Any advice or guidence is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cheryl and SophieKate.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!