View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Crazy mother in law stuff

Next week is spring break here. I am uber excited because all three kids will be gone, Mike has to work, and I will have PEACE!

Well, the two oldest are going to my GaGa's (um...that's what we call my grandmother lol). The CMIL (that's Crazy Mother in Law) is fine with that because they are only her "step" grandchildren and not "blood related" so who cares about them anyway. (that's a whole 'nother thread)

Anyway, my youngest daughter, Olivia, is going to my mom's house. (Olivia is the one CMIL is crazy about. The sun rises and sets on O's little hiney )

Well, CMIL is just beside herself because of this. When I first told her Olivia was going her fist response was "Oh, I don't know about that now!" and my response was "Who the hell do you think you are? Last time I checked *I* was her mother!"

So then she called Mike to talk some sense into him since I was being "unreasonable". Thankfully Mike has finally learned that it works to his advantage to take my side in issues involving me and the kids vs CMIL. So when that tactic didn't work she proceeded to call anyone and everyone she could think of to tell them "I was taking her baby away from her."

FINALLY she semi-accepted defeat, but had the nerve to call me and ask if I thought my mother would be good to Olivia. (EXCUSE ME? Oh no, she did not just ask me that!) I hung up on her. I am still slightly shocked (even though this is the CMIL we're talking about so I really shouldn't be) that she had the nerve to ask me that. Of course she called right back assuming something had happened in the line and....

....Ok, I am going to admit here the one thing I did that I do feel was wrong on my part....even though I thought (and still do think) it was kind of funny. But it really was WRONG of me. Even though I think she totally deserved it after her little comment.

Well, CMIL thinks my family is "weird and evil" because we are catholic. I don't know why catholicism equals devil worship in her mind, but for some odd reason it does. (I think its just ignorance - not really anything personal) Anyway, this is where mentioned to her that she shouldn't worry because we quit sacrificing small children years ago. Now we only use goats and the occasional chicken.

If anyone wants to yell at me for that, I understand. I take full responsibility for the wrongness of it. I think it mostly came from frustration and anger. Even though it WAS kind of funny to hear her audible gasp and stuttering and stammering. (I just handed Mike the phone and walked off)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!