View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
roxies_mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
You know, you are always going to do things as an adult that your family will question. It's what being your own person is all about. Making your own choices and decisions. As long as you are self-supporting and not living in their home, all they really can do is voice their opinion. Part of growing up is learning how to deal with people with different viewpoints. Family is the hardest test you'll run up against. But if you can learn now, at your young age, how to deal with this tactfully & respectfully then they are giving you one of the best gifts you can receive. Grow a thicker skin, recognize you all have different ideas and accept theirs (misguided as it is ) and don't blow your top over it. You will be amazed at what an advantage this will be in your life as you come up against other situations that require a calm, cool, respectfully reaction.

And remember...you are the one that will help decide where they live when they get old.
Maybe outside on a leash! just kidding lol! but I agree with you on this. good advice!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!