View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

Angry If you're not a dog lover, you won't understand

I have had Cash for more than two years now and have finally found a new puppy. I am getting her today, but now my family is freaking out. They say that I don't respect their feelings.
They don't like dogs in the house - they like staffies, but only as outside dogs - and they don't understand why I do. We grew up with dogs outside and I never had the feeling of having a dog, just that there were always dogs. Now, I like inside dogs and I love yorkies. Cash was the best decision I ever made and they don't understand that.
They think that I am still young (23) and shouldn't have any responsibilities (I like responsibilities, I've always liked caring for a pet). My dad says that I won't get a man because I have a package and that the guy might not like dogs inside. I say that if he doesn't like animals, we would never be together anyway.
I live in an apartment with my sister and she is excited about the puppy, so the dogs won't even be inside with them - Cash used to when we visit them, but I have made arrangements now that I am getting a second one.
They think that yorkies are not real dogs and that being so into your dogs, is deviant.
Urrrggghhhhh! Sorry for the vent, but I really need someone to be on my side.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!