View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Shelby&Seymour
"& Seeger, too"
Donating Member

Sad Shelby - facing another hardship.

I have been hesitant to write this, as so many of you have been going thru what we went thru a little over a year ago. I don't want to be discouraging, but really am hoping for some in-put and maybe advice from anyone who may have an idea of what we are dealing with now.
As some of you know, Shelby had bi-lateral luxating patella surgery in Feb of 2008. It was a true success and her little knees are still in place. She had no problems until now.
A few weeks ago we noticed that Shelby was favoring her left leg. Lifting it when standing, and not always putting it down when she ran. I thought it was her patella...... and so we went to her orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday. He did a thorough exam and then did x-rays. He came back and consulted with my husband and myself telling us that her patellas are still where they needed to be and they looked wonderful...... but what we may be facing is a slight tear of an ACL.
Right now, she is being confined at all times, except for potty time and when she eats. It is so very difficult on her. (not to mention Seymour, who wants to play with his big sissy so badly). She is also taking some meds for pain.

I am pretty distraught. I just feel like this little bright eyed, energetic, little gal just ain't getting a break. We did everything that we could do for her while going thru her first surgery, including taking her to a rehabilitation center (where she had the best PT.... laser therapy, ultrasound therapy, and hydro-therapy. AND we did our own PT exercises between those appointments)....... just to have to face this now. And if we see no success in the next couple of weeks, she may have to face another VERY intense surgery.
Has anyone else had this happen AFTER a patella surgery? or know of someone that had this misfortune?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!