View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
I grew up with poms as family dogs. They are very loyal to their owners and family. They are yappy, and bark at everybody else. They do not like anybody else but there own family. AND they have long beautiful coats. That shed like crazy. Poms need daily brushing at least a couple times a day. Poms are absolutey adorable as puppies too. And they have very few health problems. They have long health spans, living easily 13-15 yrs. There main issues are social towards other people, they are snappy and mean ... they are the toy breed , but, think they are big dogs . These little dogs won't hesitate to chase other dogs down that are 10 times there size, no kidding. I've see it . IMO , poms are great protecters of there owners , however mean as hell to everybody else, they look cute with there curly tail that goes on top of there back, but, try and pet one that's not yours, watch out, a pom, will bare it's teeth !
NOT good with little children at all. Even older children . I don't know how in would do with a Yorkie. However, I'd choose A Yorkie over a Pom anyday.
Lol, a LOT of Yorkies are the same way. Yorkies are known to be very yappy, annoying, nippy dogs as well and they definitely think they are a big dog in a little body. It all is how you train it and socialize it as a pup. Yorkies are known to not to well with children and bite too. But Jackson loves everyone he encounters, especially children.

But to the original poster... I've never had experience with Poms, so I don't know.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!